Driving down Harford Road in Lauraville, just before you hit Herring Run Park, there are two block in between Weaver and Montebello that you must visit. It is a rainbow of storefronts, with Donut Alliance smack in the center.
During quarantine I made an active choice to patronize a small business wherever my clients were house hunting; I bring home the goodies to share with my family. With a lot of local shops quickly pivoting and offering easy pre-order or contactless pickup it hasn’t been terribly difficult. It is also oddly fun to experience local delicacies in the comfort of my own home. My children shriek with excitement a little more than usual at the front window when they see me pulling in, knowing I probably brought something fun home…
Back to why you are here…the donuts.
Recently, I discovered a local Vegan Donut shop on instagram. Their social media game is strong (they actually make mini-music videos of their donuts to love songs, I naturally felt a connection right away). One of my buyers just went under contract a bit further North in Parkville, a perfect excuse to pop-by Donut Alliance.
Two Sundays in a row I tried to get my hands on those beautiful donuts and failed; they sell out fast! But the third Sunday, I strategically got there right after opening and joined the 6ft spaced line to get a box to-go.
These are the flavors I order and highly recommend: lemon poppy, creme brûlée, cinnamon sugar, maple nut and strawberry. You have to follow on Instagram and/or Facebook to catch the weekly rotating menu, it’s a lot of fun to keep up with them.
A few things that are worth noting about this business.
- They chose Harford Rd in Lauraville/Beverly Hills, it isn’t a fancy downtown like Fell’s or Canton, they are part of a diverse movement for small business growth on Main Street there- bravo!
- They are a VEGAN business. How they can make a donut taste just as delicious as a non-vegan donut is an absolute mystery. I was totally shook after my first bite into their Lemon Poppy.
- During the quarantine, they have remained fully open and successful at that. Selling out each weekend is something to be proud of!
- The store is under major construction/renovation and they haven’t had any delays in service or product (again…during a pandemic)
- Contactless purchases and CDC guidelines are all being met, I was in and out within 5 minutes, one person behind the counter.
Great blog, good looking donuts!
Thank you for the comment! The next time you’re in town we will definitely get some 🙂 -Love N.